Be a Part of the APA Team
The APA has a work environment where animals and people are treated with respect, understanding, and professionalism. All members of the team embrace and are held accountable to the values of our employee culture which include: compassion, empathy, courtesy, joy, trust, reliability, and support. We place a high priority on customer service excellence and envision a world where every adoptable animal has a safe, loving home.
A limited number of internship opportunities are available at the APA Adoption Center throughout the year. These non-paid internships can be completed for college credit with approval of academic institution. Internship schedules are generally flexible to meet individual needs.
The APA Adoption Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing people and pets together, advancing humane education and creating programs beneficial to the human/animal bond. Internships are an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of development, volunteer management, education, community outreach, operations, and marketing while working for a highly respected 100 year organization.
Candidates must be able to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week. The duration of the internship is equivalent to one semester (approximately 12-15 weeks) and are available during the Spring, Summer and Fall.
To apply for internships, please email your resume and a letter of interest outlining your area(s) of focus, how many semesters you will be available, and the days and hours you are available to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Professional attire
- Proficient with basic software programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Positive attitude
- Detail oriented
- Transportation to/from APA Adoption Center, and other off-site locations, as assigned
Community Outreach Coordinator (part-time)
The community outreach coordinator connects the public to the organization and gets the community excited about and invested in the APA Adoption Center.
- Serve as lead staff coordinator and representative for community outreach and partnership events
- Identify, coordinate and implement opportunities to increase visibility and promote community awareness of programs and services
- Assists with coordination and implementation of cultivation and friend-building events
- Maintains outreach information and outcomes
- Assists with post-outreach follow-up and actions
- Manages social media and marketing to promote community outreach events and opportunities
- Point person for third-party events and birthday parties
- Assists with other projects and duties as assigned
- Passionate about the APA mission – bringing people and pets together
- Commitment to excellence in customer service
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to represent the APA in a friendly, knowledgeable, and professional manner
- Effective problem solver
- Able to handle multiple tasks with a strong focus on detail and follow-up
- Positive attitude and team player
- Enjoys meeting new people and developing connections
- Ability to work across teams
- Proficient with multiple social media platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- BA or BS in marketing, communication, or related field preferred
Qualified candidates may submit cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com