Description: Join our team and help bring people and pets together! This position will provide leadership and direction to animal care staff, serve as first line of response for animal health, and implement and maintain superior animal care standards in accordance with APA policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills to motivate team members, promote positive communication, and ensure department and organizational goals are met in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Monitor health and well-being of the animals at the APA to include daily care, health observations, and treating sick or injured animals.
- Through hands on leadership, assist with daily tasks and provide ongoing support to team members.
- Ensure medical records, future treatments, and behavior notes or history are entered in the database with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Assist with hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating staff.
- Assist the veterinary team with x-ray, bloodwork, surgery, and other medical procedures for shelter medicine cases.
- Provide excellent customer service and act as an exemplary representative of the organization.
More than 3 years’ experience in animal health or welfare required. Veterinary technician certification preferred. This position starts at $19/hour and has flexible schedule options. The APA also offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees to support the health and wellbeing of our team and their families.
The Animal Protective Association of Missouri (APA) is an innovative and progressive leader in animal welfare, dedicated to bringing people and pets together, advancing humane education, and creating programs beneficial to the human-animal bond. With a nearly 100-year history in the St. Louis region, the APA helps over 4,000 pets find safe loving homes each year. Thousands more are helped through wellness, outreach, and supportive programs that keep pets healthy and with the people who love them.
The APA is committed to being a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all employees and volunteers feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunities for employment, growth, and advancement in all areas of the organization.
The culture of the APA is built on trust, compassion, accountability, joy, support, and respect. We continually invest in the personal and professional growth of our team members and value innovation and new ideas that make it possible for us to meet the needs of the community we serve.
Interested applicants should use the form below to upload their resume for review.