Help the Animal Protective Association (APA) meet adoption and operations goals while providing superior customer service. The Adoption Supervisor will ensure proper admitting and adoptions in accordance with APA policies and procedures while also managing and providing direct supervision to Adoption Counselors.
Interested applicants should complete the application form below.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Customer Service – Provide exemplary customer service to all APA customers by monitoring needs, resolving problems, and handling complaints when they arise. Provide information and resources to customers related to surrender prevention, re-homing, and keeping their pet(s). Perform all duties to ensure a positive image and to best serve people and animals while meeting APA goals.
Team Management – Demonstrate leadership and foster teamwork among staff. Provide coaching, training, and direction to adoption counselors. Assist with answering phones, responding to email, and ensuring messages receive a timely response. Assist with intakes and adoptions, prioritizing and ensuring that all daily tasks are complete.
Operations & Culture Management – Maintain and inventory supplies for adoptions department. Complete and submit monthly reports and maintain department records. Provide quality control with database information and ensure animals are signed in and out correctly. Participate in creating a thriving Culture of Philanthropy by being knowledgeable and supportive of APA programs, sharing your passion for service to animals, people and our community with guests, and serve as an inspiration to all guests by providing an exemplary level of animal care and guest service.
- Friendly customer service demeanor for internal and external customers
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, problem-solving, and de-escalation skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to maintain composure and professional conduct during stressful situations
- Minimum of two years’ experience in customer service, required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in animal health or welfare, preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor degree preferred
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and stand for periods of one hour
- Expressed interest and enthusiasm for animal welfare industry