Fix-A-Bull (A New APA Program)
The goal is to reduce the number of Pit Bulls in shelters.
Pit Bulls make up a majority of dogs in shelters across the U.S. They are also one of the least common breeds adopted. Our new Fix-A-Bull program will spay or neuter any Pit Bull or Pit Bull mix, free of charge. The goal of this program is to reduce the number of Pit Bulls entering shelters, while also reducing the number euthanized. If your Pit Bull is in need of this service, call 314-645-4610 to schedule your FREE appointment with our highly skilled veterinarian.
- Dog must be a Pit Bull, Pit Bull mix or Bully breed.
- Dog must be at least 8 weeks old and weigh 2 or more pounds.
- Drop off between 8:00 am and 9:00 am day of appointment.
- Pick up between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm day of appointment.
- Photo ID is required when dropping off.
- Dog cannot have food after midnight the night before surgery and cannot have water after 7:00 am the morning of surgery.
- If interested, vaccinations, including rabies for dogs over 4 months old, are included, free of charge.
- Microchips are available for $30.
- Dog must be owned by a public citizen, no rescues or shelter dogs.
Fix-A-Bull appointments are booked through June. At this time, we are keeping a waiting list for anyone needing to make an appointment. Please call 314-645-4610 to join the waiting list.