Location: This position will work at APA Olivette.
Supports members of the public who are surrendering owned or stray animals. Implement and maintain superior animal and customer service standards in accordance with Animal Protective Association of Missouri policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure all relevant information on the source and animal is entered in the database with accuracy and attention to detail.
· Schedule intakes according to managed intake procedures and provide resources to assist people in keeping their pets when possible or rehoming on their own.
· Assist with lost and found services and ensures microchips are traced and stray animals have a photo.
· Complete and submit bite reports when needed and enter the hold and notes in database.
· Proficient with Chameleon database to sign new animals in, enter medical notes, and profiles.
· Monitor and respond to emails and phone calls regarding intakes.
· Provide friendly customer service to clients.
· Fosters teamwork and provides support and guidance to team members at the front desk.
· Identify age, gender, and breed at intake.
· Maintain cleanliness and supplies in admitting and adjacent areas.
· Performs all duties to ensure a positive image and to improve the functioning of the Animal Protective Association of Missouri.
The Animal Protective Association of Missouri (APA) is an innovative and progressive leader in animal welfare, dedicated to bringing people and pets together, advancing humane education, and creating programs beneficial to the human-animal bond. With a 100-year history in the St. Louis region, the APA helps over 5,000 pets find safe loving homes each year. Thousands more are helped through wellness, outreach, and supportive programs that keep pets healthy and with the people who love them.
The APA is committed to being a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all employees and volunteers feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunities for employment, growth, and advancement in all areas of the organization.
The culture of the APA is built on trust, compassion, accountability, joy, support, and respect. We continually invest in the personal and professional growth of our team members and value innovation and new ideas that make it possible for us to meet the needs of the community we serve.
Interested applicants should complete the application form below.