The Grants Specialist is a member of the APA’s development team and is the liaison between the APA and foundation partners. The Grants Specialist is responsible for researching, preparing, submitting, and managing compelling grant proposals/reports that support organizational goals and meet the funding guidelines and criteria established by potential funders. This person serves as the primary grant writer, assists in the managing of funder relationships, engages in compliance reporting, and supports special project initiatives. This position requires strong writing, data analysis, program budgeting, and project management skills with an emphasis on clear writing and outcome measurement.
- Develop proposals/LOIs, grant application narratives, budgets, and other grant-related materials with the support of the executive director and other program leadership
- Submit grant applications/proposals/reports
- Maintain a master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files and correspondence
- Maintain library of grant support documents, including resumes, bios, IRS forms, Board/staff lists, etc.
- Execute thank you letters, tax letters, grant agreements, etc.
- Work with other members of the team to maintain grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement and grant budgets
- Monitor and maintain funder reporting schedules and requirements
- Assist Development Team and Executive Director with the drafting of compelling progress reports and targeted program updates to funders that fully capture programmatic success
- Assemble all necessary supporting materials and documents, including budget reports, outcome measurements, success stories, etc. and submit to funders as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years’ grant writing experience with proven results
- Professional experience in a development environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and expository writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and attention to detail
- Ability to create and write compelling cases for support
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to collaborate with program leadership to gather critical data for grant submissions
Interested applicants should complete the application form below.