Five Ways to wish the APA a happy 100th birthday on July 26th
July 26th is a special day; it’s our official 100th birthday. It’s also National Boop Your Pet Day, which means we’ll be hosting adoption specials, activities for kids and grown-ups alike, and we’ll have cake and music. To make our birthday extra special, we need your help! Below are five ways you can help us celebrate leading up to and on July 26th:
1. Join us at the APA for family-friendly activities and cupcakes for pets and humans.
2. Adopt a pet! Adoption fees will be waived on July 26th for all pets 6 months and older, thanks to Carol House Furniture. All puppies and kittens will have an adoption fee of $100 to celebrate our birthday!
3. Help us meet our goal of $30,000 to build our new evaluation room for our Pet Project. Those who donate $25 or more toward our goal will have their name, or a name of their choice, included on the plaque outside the new evaluation room. Keeley Companies has generously committed to matching the first $15,000 of donations.
4. Create your own fundraiser through Givebutter, and ask your network to raise money toward our new evaluation room to support the thousands of pets that come through our doors annually! Click here for Givebutter instructions. Fundraisers can be created on Facebook as well if you would prefer, and instructions can be found here.
5. Spread the word! Please share the APA’s social media posts (Facebook, Instagram, Linked-in, and Twitter) on your pages to promote our birthday with #BoopYourPetDay!