APA Adoption Center and Wellness Clinic Reopening with Modified Operations
By: Sarah Javier | July 22, 2020
Effective Monday July, 27 2020
The APA Adoption Center is open for adoptions with modified operations. It is vital for us to continue placing pets in safe, loving homes as there are still many pets who need us. If you are interested in adopting, please visit our adoptable pets page for up-to-date information on pets currently available for adoption. To contact us, please call 314-645-4610 and select option ‘1’.
Curbside adoptions available for puppies and kittens under 6 months. First visit our website to view photos and profiles of puppies and kittens are currently available. Once you identify a pet you are interested in, please call to speak with an adoption counselor who will help you determine if the pet is a good fit for your home and discuss next steps.
- Puppy and kitten adoptions will be completed over the phone and a pick up time scheduled.
- Due to limited visiting capacity we are dedicating our meet and greet rooms to animals 6 months and older. We are not doing visits with puppies and kittens at this time.
We have limited capacity for visits with adoptable animals 6 months and older. To visit with an adoptable animal:
- First view adoptable animals on our website. While clients are unable to walk through the building at this time, we will bring animals to a meet and greet room for you.
- Visits are limited to 2 people per household.
- We cannot accommodate visits with children under age 12 at this time. Under normal circumstances we love to accommodate visits with the entire family and our staff are present on visits with children. However, our meet and greet rooms do not have adequate space for social distancing between potential adopters and staff.
- Masks are required to enter the building and must remain on the entire time.
- If there is a wait for the rooms, visits may be limited to a total of 4 pets and/or 30 minutes.
- Animals over 6 months are also eligible for a 2 week trial adoption where you can foster them first.
The APA’s Wellness clinic is open with modified operations. Our waiting room is limited to one client. Please call to let us know you have arrived (we recommend getting in line for the queue from home first). Clients cannot accompany pets into the exam room because the space is not large enough for social distancing. However, one client at a time can wait in our waiting room. Masks are required to enter the building and must remain on.
Please do not visit our adoption center or wellness clinic if you are sick with COVID symptoms or have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.